Pregnancy Massage Cardiff
Prenatal & Postnatal Massage Cardiff
We offer tailor made massage treatments for women trying to conceive, during IVF treatments, as a support during the prenatal period and as a follow up in the first postnatal stages. We recognize that the pregnancy is a long process, and that the pregnant lady's needs are constantly changing.
Reflexology and Shiatsu are offered as a fully clothed pregnancy option. Light massage (Swedish or sports massage) as well as tailor made aromatherapy blends are also offered, depending on the stage of pregnancy and IVF treatment you are undergoing.
This special range of prergnancy sports massage treatments is suitable for people of all ages and physical conditions. Aromatherapy essential oils may be blended to ease the effects associated with your particular needs. Sciatic nerve pain during pregnancy may also be addressed with various trigger point therapy treatments and myofascial soft tissue manipulations may best suit the release of the trapped nerve which may cause a lack of mobility, reduced range of motion, shooting pains and 'pins and needles' numbness, especially during the latter stages of your pregnancy.
CNHC Registered and fully recognised by most insurance companies
The CNHC is a government sponsored registration body for complementary healthcare practitioners.
The Department of Health advises all GPs to direct patients seeking Masaage Therapy to seek out only CNHC (the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council) registered therapists.
Shorter versions of the pregnancy massage may be performed without oil, over your (light cotton) clothing. This will mainly involve pregnancy Shiatsu and pregnancy sports massage or trigger pointing. When performed in this way, this pregnancy massage routine may be quite deep and invigorating, when needed. As the pregnancy massage is very practical, a 'dry' pregnancy massage as short as 30 minutes can easily be done on the upright chair, while leaning into the specialised stool, above. This is more commonly known as Indian Head massage. This pregnancy massage stool can also be used with pregnant women in the later stages of their pregnancy.
For longer sessions of the pregnancy massage treatment, special hot stones therapy massage uses a highly specialised blend of Aromatherapy essential oils that will be tailor made to suit your pregnancy stage and needs. The use of the hot volcanic basalt stones deeply relaxes your muscle tissue and allows the painless and smooth release of any lower back of sciatic nerve issues with minimal side effects.
Pregnancy reflexology treatments and pregnancy Shiatsu are especially recommended when trying to conceive or as support during an IVF treatment.
Pregnancy and IVF support massage Testimonials:
"My husband and I were only in Cardiff for a day and had been traveling in the UK for 11 days. At the time I was 24 weeks pregnant and had significant aches and pains. I contacted City Marshall via their on-line web form and he was able to work me in that afternoon. It was much appreciated and the prenatal massage was fantastic. He also did a custom blend of essential oils just for me - I was able to pick the scents I most enjoyed. I would recommend!"
Jesicca S, Spring, Texas 3 June 2014 - on Yelp!
"Very relaxing. I had treatments to support me through my IVF cycle (acupressure and reflexology) which were extremely relaxing and helped me cope with the stress and anxiety. Phillip is very knowledgeable and I would recommend him to anyone"
Alice S Cardiff 17 October 2013- on TripAdvisor
"I was suffering with stress during the first trimester of my pregnancy, and was given a session with City Marshall as a gift from my husband. I didn't know what to expect, but was calmed by the consultation. After discussiong my symptoms, Philip was able to combine treatments to suit my needs. He was gentle, and assured me that he would not go near my abdominal area. I had a mixture of Reiki, Shiatsu and Reflexology, and can honestly say that it was such a relaxing and calming hour. The feeling stayed with me all day, and I can't wait to return to City Marshall."
Rhiannon Williams Cardiff 10 March 2013
"A long over due thank you to Philip. My husband and I had a combination of Shiatsu and reflexology to support our (5th) IVF treatment. We have tried for almost 8 years and almost gave up. Philip was extremely understanding and informative. He guided us both throughout our year together and gave us a wonderful insight into healthy eating, better sleep hygiene, exercising and of course - his amazing treatments. He is an exceptional therapist and we can not praise him highly enough."
Sue Factor, Cardiff reviewd City Marshall on 6 December 2012
Some techniques that may be used in pregnancy massage are:
- Soft tissue release & gentle kneading performed oil-free (dry)
- Energy balancing by following your Sen Meridian lines
- Myofascial tissue release, both soft and deep tissue trigger pointing
- Lymphatic drainage massage and Hand ‘Walking’ technique
Pregnancy massage benefits may include:
- Mental and physical relaxation
- A true sense of restored well-being & balance
- A positive boost of energy and release of stress / tension
- Maximising the supply of nutrients by increased circulation
- Regulates blood pressure and may help in reducing cholesterol levels
Who can benefit from pregnancy massage?
- Any body of any age regardless of physical condition or fitness
- Stress, tension, anxiety, headaches, migraine and insomnia
- Muscular spasms including stomach or lower body cramps
- Muscular aches and pains: sciatica, knee & back pain etc.
- Digestive disorders and morning sickness
- Repetitive Strain Injury & Carpal Tunnel
- Reiki chakra Balancing – 10 to 30 minutes achieving an even deeper sense of harmony
- Hot & cold Stones Therapy – a wonderfully relaxing touch with significant recovery speed
- Essential oils – an Aromatherapy blend to suit your needs – anti inflammatory and anti spasmodic
Aromatherapy products – tailor made soaps, shampoos, creams, gels, facial sprays, after shaves and deodorants – carry the feeling home with you in a jar!
Prices are for reference only, as the pregnancy massage will be tailor made:
- VIP pregnancy massage with hot stones (90 minutes) £ 120
- Premium pregnancy aromatherapy massage (60 minutes) £ 90
- Shorter pregnancy massage / reflexology (45 minutes) £ 70
each additional UPGRADE* £ 10
KINDLY NOTE – BEST PREPARATION FOR A PREGNANCY MASSAGE:
- CLOTHING: you may remain wearing your own underwear or receive a disposable one
- MEALS: avoid eating a heavy meal within 2 hours of the planned pregnancy massage treatment
- DIET: you are respectfully advised to avoid consumption of alcohol, caffeine and nicotine on the day of your pregnancy massage treatment to allow better toxic by-product elimination
- AFTER CARE: as a pregnancy massage is generally balancing and harmonising, you may return to work or drive home as usual
- Kindly note, for those receiving the VIP Hot Stones pregnancy treatments, you may wish to use our kitchen downstairs, and help yourself to a soothing herbal tea, to allow further time to relax prior to returning to work or driving home