Elbow Pain Massage Treatments Cardiff
massage for tennis elbow & golfer's elbow
We offer tailor made massage treatments for elbow pain, often called Tennis elbow or Golfer elbow.
Our specialized sports massage treatments are suitable for people of all ages and physical conditions.
Aromatherapy essential oils may be blended to ease the effects of the inflammation associated with your particular type of elbow pain or stiffness. Trapped nerve pain may also be addressed with various trigger point therapy treatments and myofascial soft tissue manipulations may best suit the release of the trapped elbow nerve. Constant ('dull') elbow pain may also be treated with hot stones therapy. This may drastically improve your lack of mobility, reduced range of motion, shooting pains and 'pins and needles' numbness. Hot Stones can also assist in addressing "tennis elbow" / "Golfer's elbow" as well as reffered pain to the forearm and to the back of the hand. Often, this may also have a knock on effect on to the wrist, causing carpal tunnel syndrome.
CNHC Registered and fully recognised by most insurance companies
The CNHC is a government sponsored registration body for complementary healthcare practitioners.
The Department of Health advises all GPs to direct patients seeking Massage Therapy to seek out only CNHC (the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council) registered therapists.
Sports massage, Remedial massage, Swedish massage, Shiatsu massage, Hot Stones massage, Reflexology and Aromatherapy massage are all accepted by Health Shield
Sports massage, aromatherapy massage and Acupressure are accepted by Westfield Health
Please see their TCs.
Guidelines published by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) in 2009 recommends that patients with persistent, non-specific pain have access to a choice of different treatments, including sports massage. The NICE guidelines state that "The effect of massage in patients with chronic pain lasted at least a year after the end of treatment". It went on in s1.4.1 to advise GPs to "consider offering a course of manual therapy, including sports massage, comprising up to a maximum of nine sessions over a period of up to 12 weeks". The research went on to include chronic neck pain, migraine and cervicogenic headache. Sports massage has long been accepted by the Cardiff and Vale NHS for reducing stress and anxiety.
Shorter versions of the elbow pain sports massage may be performed without oil, over your (light cotton) clothing. This will mainly involve Shiatsu and sports massage trigger pointing. When performed in this way, this elbow pain sports massage routine may be quite deep and invigorating, when needed.
For longer sessions of the tennis elbow pain treatment, special hot stones therapy massage uses a highly specialised blend of Aromatherapy essential oils that will be tailor made to suit your personal needs (mainly anti-inflammatory oils). The use of the hot volcanic basalt stones deeply relaxes your muscle tissue and allows the painless and smooth release of your trapped elbow nerve with minimal side effects. For long term use, aromatherapy products with specially selected aromatherapy essential oils, may best suit tennis elbow pain clients.
Elbow pain sports massage is recommended at any time of the year, as needed - for shoulders, stiff necks, reffered tennis elbow pain as well as forearm, wrist pain and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Elbow pain sports massage client testimonials:
Whether you are suffering from pain, want to keep everything in check or simply want to fully relax, I can highly recommend City Marshall. Philip cured me via sports massage but also used acupressure when needed.
David Lewis Cardiff 24 March 2013
My experience with City Marshall was phenomenal. When I first started out I had upper and mid-section pain. After only a few sessions I started seeing positive changes. In addition to the Shiatsu massage I went for, there was a good mix of Thai and yoga stretches during each session which made a world of difference. Overall I had a great experience here and will continue with them!
Shiv Mand Cardiff University 17 January 2013
I visited Philip for massage and told him about shoulder problems that I've had for years. He is experienced and knowledgable and was able to tell me more about the problem and offered advice for improving it. I will continue to see him for hot stones therapy",
EmmaB Cardiff 3 September 2012
"After years of worsening back tension, a few visits to City Marshall have worked wonders. The stress in my neck, back and shoulders was extreme. Spa therapists had said I was one of the worst cases they had seen! Not only is Philip releasing the tension in my back and shoulder muscles, he also applies an holistic approach to treatment, drawing on his expertise across multiple disciplines. Philip has advised on back support at work; alleviated fluid retention; blended a warming massage oil and suggested targeted exercises to help. His treatments are therapeutic indeed. Philip is calm and considerate and ensures a comfortable environment. I would have no hesitation recommending him to others, I can not praise him highly enough."
Helen Stenton Caerphilly 18 April 2012
"I'm a professional dancer on tour here in Cardiff. I had been suffering with a trapped nerve for 2 months and had treatment by 2 physio's in London. Didn't help me at all. However after one hour treatment with Philip it's completely gone... Really wonderful!"
Jonny Bowles London 31 August 2011
Some techniques that may be used in elbow pain sports massage are:
- Soft tissue release & gentle kneading around shoulders, elbow and wrist area
- Deep tissue manipulation, cross fibre and friction - when needed
- Myofascial tissue release, both soft and deep tissue trigger pointing
- Lymphatic drainage massage and Hand ‘Walking’ technique
Elbow pain sports massage benefits may include:
- Mental and physical relaxation
- A true sense of restored well-being & balance
- A positive boost of energy and release of stress / tension
- Maximising the supply of nutrients by increased circulation
- Regulates blood pressure and may help in reducing cholesterol levels
Who can benefit from elbow pain sports massage?
- Any body of any age regardless of physical condition or fitness
- Stress, tension, anxiety, headaches, migraine and insomnia
- Muscular spasms including stomach or lower body cramps
- Muscular aches and pains: shoulder pain, elbow stifness & tennis elbow
- Recovery from injury and from a training session
- Rheumatism, Arthritis & digestive disorders
- Repetitive Strain Injury & Carpal Tunnel
- Tennis / Golfer’s elbow & Tendinitis
Occupational & postural aches
- Hot & cold Stones Therapy – a wonderfully relaxing touch with significant recovery speed
- Essential oils – an Aromatherapy blend to suit your needs – anti inflammatory and anti spasmodic
Aromatherapy products – tailor made soaps, shampoos, creams, gels, facial sprays, after shaves and deodorants – carry the feeling home with you in a jar!
- Reiki chakra Balancing – 10 to 30 minutes achieving an even deeper sense of harmony
Prices are for reference only, as the elbow pain sports massage will be tailor made:
- VIP elbow pain sports massage with hot stones (90 minutes) £ 120
- Premium elbow pain sports massage (60 minutes) £ 80
- Shorter elbow pain sports massage (45 minutes) £ 70
each additional UPGRADE* £ 10
KINDLY NOTE – BEST PREPARATION FOR A ELBOW PAIN MASSAGE:
- CLOTHING: you may remain fully clothed
- MEALS: avoid eating a heavy meal within 2 hours of the planned elbow pain massage treatment
- DIET: you are respectfully advised to avoid consumption of alcohol, caffeine and nicotine on the day of your elbow pain massage treatment, to allow better toxic by-product elimination
- AFTER CARE: as a elbow pain massage is generally balancing and harmonising, you may return to work or drive home as usual
Kindly note, for those receiving the VIP Hot Stones elbow pain treatments, you are strongly advised to use our kitchen downstairs, and help yourself to a soothing herbal tea, to allow further time to relax prior to returning to work or driving home