Cardiff Raynaud's & Carpal Tunnel
Treatment & Therapy Centre in Cardiff
We offer tailor made therapy treatments to help manage early stages of Raynaud's disease, the later stages of scleroderma and the various kinds of Carpal tunnel syndrome. We recognize that these conditions are all very different, and are often confused. Obviously, the treatment and management of both Raynaud's and Carpal tunnel syndrome is a long process, and that the sufferers’ needs are constantly changing.
Hand & foot Reflexology and Shiatsu are offered as a fully clothed option. Light massage (Swedish or sports massage) as well as tailor made aromatherapy blends are also offered, depending on the stage of your disease and the type of disconfort you are feeling.
Aromatherapy has been shown to be very effective in easing arthritic pain in both Raynaud's and Carpal tunnel sufferers. Clinical trails show that aromatherapy may significantly improve life satisfaction, decrease pain and alleviate depression in arthritic patients. Various essential oils, from Frankincense, black pepper and Geranium, through to ginger and even rosemary have been shown to be very effective in the management of early Raynaud's and carpal tunnel syndrome stages as well as its later stages as scleroderma.
Although Raynaud's and Carpal tunnel syndrome are much more common in women and the elderly, our treatment are suitable for people of all ages and physical conditions. Aromatherapy essential oils may be blended to ease the effects associated with your particular needs.
Sciatic nerve pain and the development of Raynaud's and carpal tunnel are fairly common during pregnancy. These may also be addressed with various trigger point therapy treatments and myofascial soft tissue manipulations may best suit the release of the trapped nerve which may cause a lack of mobility, reduced range of motion, shooting pains and 'pins and needles' numbness, especially during the latter stages of your pregnancy.
CNHC Registered and fully recognised by most insurance companies
The CNHC is a government sponsored registration body for complementary healthcare practitioners.
The Department of Health advises all GPs to direct patients seeking Masaage Therapy to seek out only CNHC (the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council) registered therapists.
Shorter versions of the Raynaud's therapy may be performed without oil, over your (light cotton) clothing. This will mainly involve Raynaud's Shiatsu and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome sports massage or trigger pointing. When performed in this way, this Raynaud's treatment routine may be quite deep and invigorating, when needed. As the Carpal tunnel syndrome massage is very practical, a 'dry' Raynaud's massage as short as 30 minutes can easily be done on the upright chair, while leaning into the specialised stool, above. This is more commonly known as Indian Head massage. This pregnancy massage stool can also be used with pregnant women in the later stages of their pregnancy.
For longer sessions of the Raynaud's therapy treatment, special hot stones therapy massage uses a highly specialised blend of Aromatherapy essential oils that will be tailor made to suit your Raynaud's disease stage and needs. The use of the hot volcanic basalt stones deeply relaxes your muscle tissue and allows the painless and smooth release of your trapped nerve with minimal side effects.
Raynaud's reflexology treatments and Carpal Tunnel Shiatsu are especially recommended for the elderly and the pregnant sufferers..
Raynaud's massage treatment Testimonials:
"World Class - Olympic standard.. I've visited City Marshall several times. Having ran in two Olympic Games and having a silver medal in one I'd say I've got some very credible knowledge and experience in world class massage therapy. I've had some of the best therapists in the world treat me in the past and I must say that Philip at City Marshall is one of the best therapists I've ever had. You get what you pay for and that's Olympic standard.... The best! I look forward to visiting again soon!"
Jamie Baulch, Welsh Olympic silver medalist 9 July 2015 - TripAdvisor
FANTASTIC. I cannot recommend Philip enough. I have suffered for 7 years with horrendous shoulder, back and neck pain, causing restricted movement and also lack of circulation into my fingers (always went white when cold) - after 2 sessions I have had no more white finger (and it has been freezing) and considerably reduced pain. I know I will need a few sessions due to being this way for so long, but Phillip is AMAZING and I now feel there is a light at last at the end of my tunnel. I cannot recommend City Marshall enough, I was near breaking point, he really does have healing hands....I can't thank you enough.....
Thank you for making me smile again :-)
"Currently being treated for a lower calf injury, possible running injury, and after 3 sessions can feel a real positive difference in the area. Phillip is very informative, friendly and knowledgeable and has highlighted and treated other areas of concern that have aided my recovery. Highly recommended."
Gareth Evans Newport 25 November 2013- on FreeIndex
Bags of knowledge, very personable and professional. Enjoyed the tailored massage! Thanks.
KitKat Cardiff 23 July 2012 - YELP!
It took me no time at all to relax in the peaceful surroundings and the mellow music. Marshall has tremendous healing powers and his extensive knowledge of shiatsu acupuncture points is spectacular. We have both booked in for another session already and are still very mellow three days after our treatment :-)
Samantha Cardiff 22 July 2012
Some techniques that may be used in Raynaud's and Carpal tunnel treatment are:
- Soft tissue release & gentle kneading performed oil-free (dry)
- Energy balancing by following your Sen Meridian lines
- Myofascial tissue release, both soft and deep tissue trigger pointing
- Lymphatic drainage massage and Hand ‘Walking’ technique
Carpal tunnel and Raynaud's massage treatment benefits may include:
- Mental and physical relaxation
- A true sense of restored well-being & balance
- A positive boost of energy and release of stress / tension
- Maximising the supply of nutrients by increased circulation
- Regulates blood pressure and may help in reducing arthritic pain levels
Who can benefit from a Raynaud's treatment?
- Any body of any age regardless of physical condition or fitness
- Stress, tension, anxiety, headaches, migraine and insomnia
- Muscular spasms including stomach or lower body cramps
- Muscular aches and pains: sciatica, knee & back pain etc.
- Digestive disorders and morning sickness
- Repetitive Strain Injury & Carpal Tunnel syndrome sufferers
- Reiki chakra Balancing – 10 to 30 minutes achieving an even deeper sense of harmony
- Hot & cold Stones Therapy – a wonderfully relaxing touch with significant recovery speed
- Essential oils – an Aromatherapy blend to suit your needs – anti inflammatory and anti spasmodic
Aromatherapy products – tailor made soaps, shampoos, creams, gels, facial sprays, after shaves and deodorants – carry the feeling home with you in a jar!
Prices are for reference only, as the Raynauds therapy treatment will be tailor made:
- VIP Raynaud's massage with hot stones (90 minutes) £ 120
- Premium Raynaud's aromatherapy massage (60 minutes) £ 90
- Shorter Carpal tunnel massage / reflexology (45 minutes) £ 70
each additional UPGRADE* £ 10
KINDLY NOTE – BEST PREPARATION FOR A RAYNAUDS MASSAGE:
- CLOTHING: you may remain wearing your own underwear or receive a disposable one
- MEALS: avoid eating a heavy meal within 2 hours of the planned carpal tunnel treatment
- DIET: you are respectfully advised to avoid consumption of alcohol, caffeine and nicotine on the day of your Raynaud's massage treatment to allow better toxic by-product elimination
- AFTER CARE: as a Raynaud's massage is generally balancing and harmonising, you may return to work or drive home as usual
- Kindly note, for those receiving the VIP Hot Stones Carpal tunnel treatments, you may wish to use our kitchen downstairs, and help yourself to a soothing herbal tea, to allow further time to relax prior to returning to work or driving home