Cardiff Hernia Sports Massage
Sports Massage for Hernia Pain Cardiff
We specialize in tailor making sports massage treatments for hernia pain, abdominal discomfort, groin tension and general lower back pain from the hernia. Our sports massage treatments are suitable for people of all ages and physical conditions, with Iguinal hernia (groin) and Ventral hernia (abdominal).
Aromatherapy essential oils will be blended to ease the effects of the bowel issues, digestive disorders and general pain relief associated with your particular type of hernia pain. Hernia pain may also be addressed with various trigger point therapy treatments and myofascial soft tissue manipulations may be suitable to best release the tense discomfort of your hernia. Constant ('dull') hernia discomfort may also be treated with hot stones therapy. This may drastically improve your lack of mobility, reduced range of motion, abdominal and groin discomfort.
CNHC Registered and fully recognised by most insurance companies
The CNHC is a government sponsored registration body for complementary healthcare practitioners.
The Department of Health advises all GPs to direct patients seeking Masaage Therapy to seek out only CNHC (the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council) registered therapists.
Sports massage, Remedial massage, Shiatsu massage, Hot Stones massage, Reflexology and Aromatherapy massage are all accepted by Health Shield
Sports massage, aromatherapy massage and Acupressure are accepted by Westfield Health
Please see their TCs.
Shorter versions of the hernia pain sports massage may be performed without oil, over your (light cotton) clothing. This will mainly involve Shiatsu and sports massage trigger pointing as well as groin stretches and abdominal massage. When performed in this way, this hernia pain sports massage routine may be quite deep and invigorating, when needed.
For longer sessions of the hernia pain sports massage treatment, special hot stones therapy massage uses a highly specialised blend of Aromatherapy essential oils that will be tailor made to suit your personal hernia needs (mainly anti-inflammatory oils). The use of the hot volcanic basalt stones deeply relaxes your muscle tissue and allows the painless and smooth release of your trapped hernia with minimal side effects. For long term use, aromatherapy products with specially selected aromatherapy essential oils, may best suit back pain sports massage clients.
Hernia pain sports massage is recommended at any time of the year, as needed - for abdominal hernia (Ventral hernia), groin hernia (Inguinal hernia), and the lumber discomfort and sciatic hip pain
and low back pain.
Hernia pain sports massage client testimonials:
"World Class - Olympic standard.. I've visited City Marshall several times. Having ran in two Olympic Games and having a silver medal in one I'd say I've got some very credible knowledge and experience in world class massage therapy. I've had some of the best therapists in the world treat me in the past and I must say that Philip at City Marshall is one of the best therapists I've ever had. You get what you pay for and that's Olympic standard.... The best! I look forward to visiting again soon!"
Jamie Baulch, Welsh Olympic silver medalist 9 July 2015 - TripAdvisor
"I have been medically diagnosed as having bi-lateral inguinal hernia's and I found City Marshall on the web in the hope that I could ease my discomfort whilst waiting for an operation date. I found Philip to always be professional, most courtious and highly knowledgable about the symptoms of my complaint and the hernia massage I have now had on several occasions has significantly improved my quality of life from not being able to stand for any long periods without significant discomfort last September to being able to presently go about my day to day business without too much trouble. He has always made it very clear that his therapy will not cure my condition, but it has certainly helped me to cope with my day to day lifestyple with more ease. In short my trip to Cardiff is a 500 mile round trip, but I feel the benefit I gain from my visit's (almost on a monthly basis) is well worth the time and expense. Philip has also given me valuable advise on diet that aid's my digestion and in so doing complements the physical therapy received. I would not hesiatate to recommend him to anyone in need of complementary therapy."
Neil Hold, Lincoln 6 April 2014 - on FreeIndex
"Went with an ongoing issue. Had the best massage therapy I've ever experienced and problem solved. Will definitely go again and recommend to anyone. Maybe a little more expensive than some retail masseurs but you get what you pay for. And for a comparative service and result it's very reasonable."
Karl Roberts, Maesteg 17 March 2014- on FreeIndex
"Whether you are suffering from pain, want to keep everything in check or simply want to fully relax, I can highly recommend City Marshall. I first attended when suffering from pains in my leg when running. Philip cured me via sports massage but also used acupressure when needed. "
David Lewis Cardiff 24 March 2013
"I suffer from constant daily back and hip pain due to osteoarthritis.
And I didnt realise just after the treatment that I was no longer in pain.... This wonderful reprieve lasted approximately 3 weeks. I am so impressed that I have recommended him to family/ friends / work colleagues, and have asked family to not buy presents for Christmas for me, but to able me to attend this exceptional method of pain relief without popping pills."
Teresa Lloyd-Cox Cardiff 9 November 2012
"Phillip is an exceptional and extremely talented therapist. His knowledge and experience is inspiring. When i went to see him I had a Shiatsu treatment, something he specialises in. The treatment was amazing, and I felt the benefits for days afterwards. We talked at great length about all sorts of different therapies and I felt so much better afterwards. He even gave me some suggestions i could take away with me to help me with my healing process [...] I would recommend Phillip to anyone. An honest, caring and outstanding therapist! If you have a treatment with him you will not be disappointed!."
Charles Barry reviewed City Marshall on 2 November 2011
Some techniques that may be used in hernia pain sports massage are:
- Soft tissue release & gentle kneading of the abdomen
- Gentle stretching of the groin and lower body
- Myofascial tissue release, both soft and deep tissue trigger pointing
- Lymphatic drainage massage and Hand ‘Walking’ technique
Hernia pain sports massage benefits may include:
- Mental and physical relaxation
- A true sense of restored well-being & balance
- A positive boost of energy and release of stress / tension
- Maximising the supply of nutrients by increased circulation
- Regulates blood pressure and may help in easing IBS and indigestion
Who can benefit from hernia pain sports massage?
- Any body of any age regardless of physical condition or fitness
- Stress, tension, anxiety, headaches, migraine and insomnia
- Muscular spasms including stomach or lower body cramps - abdominal hernia
- Muscular aches and pains: sciatica, groin hernia & back pain etc.
- Hot & cold Stones Therapy – a wonderfully relaxing touch with significant recovery speed
- Essential oils – an Aromatherapy blend to suit your needs – anti inflammatory and anti spasmodic
Aromatherapy products – tailor made soaps, shampoos, creams, gels, facial sprays, after shaves and deodorants – carry the feeling home with you in a jar!
- Reiki chakra Balancing – 10 to 30 minutes achieving an even deeper sense of harmony
Prices are for reference only, as the hernia pain sports massage will be tailor made:
- VIP hernia pain sports massage with hot stones (90 minutes) £ 120
- Premium hernia pain sports massage (60 minutes) £ 80
- Shorter hernia pain sports massage (45 minutes) £ 70
each additional UPGRADE* £ 10
KINDLY NOTE – BEST PREPARATION FOR A HERNIA PAIN MASSAGE:
- CLOTHING: you may remain wearing your own underwear or receive a disposable one
- MEALS: avoid eating a heavy meal within 2 hours of the planned hernia pain treatment
- DIET: you are respectfully advised to avoid consumption of alcohol, caffeine and nicotine on the day of your treatment to allow better toxic by-product elimination
- AFTER CARE: as a hernia pain massage is generally balancing and harmonising, you may return to work or drive home as usual
- Kindly note, for those receiving the VIP Hot Stones hernia pain massage treatments, you are strongly advised to use the ‘Blue Room’ to further enhance your feeling of blissful well-being