Cancer Massage & Reflexology Cardiff
Treatments to aid Chemotherapy & Radiotherapy
We offer tailor made massage treatments for cancer patients to accommodate for particular needs.
This special range of cancer massage treatments is suitable for people of all ages and physical conditions.
Aromatherapy essential oils may be blended to ease the effects of radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Various trigger point therapy treatments and myofascial soft tissue manipulations may suit cancer clients suffering with nausea or severe tiredness. Aromatherapy is actively promoted by the Cardiff Valindre Cancer Centre and is highly recommended for cases of depression and anxiety. See also Cancer Research UK.
CNHC Registered and fully recognised by most insurance companies
The CNHC is a government sponsored registration body for complementary healthcare practitioners.
The Department of Health advises all GPs to direct patients seeking Masaage Therapy to seek out only CNHC (the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council) registered therapists.
Shorter versions of Cancer massage may be performed without oil, over your (light cotton) clothing.
When performed in this way, this massage routine may be quite deep and invigurating, when needed.
Reflexology is a clinically proven treatment, which is accepted by the NHS in general and in particular by Cardiff & Vale (or see generally). Reflexology is actively promoted by the Cardiff Valindre Cancer Centre and is highly recommended for cases of depression and anxiety. See the clinical research done on Reflexology by NICE on Supportive and Palliative Care in 2004 pp. 300-325 as well as the reflexology reccomendetions by Cancer Research UK.
For longer sessions, this cancer and radiotherapy aid massage form uses a highly specialised blend of Aromatherapy essential oils that will be tailor made to suit your personal needs (as required).
Cancer massage also lends itself really well to the inclusion of Hot and Cold Stones therapy, as these basalt, marble and granite stones are highly effective in relaxing sore muscles and aid lymphatic drainage.
Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy massage and reflexology are recommended at any time of the year, as this actually promotes a sense of refreshing harmony.
Cancer massage client testimonials:
"Best massage in Cardiff. The massage and Shiatsu capabilities of Philip are superb and his ability to combine sports science techniques with acupuncture, reflexology with myofascial release - are second to none. This, by no means, is a 'regular' massage. He first deeply scrutinises your health history and gives you a possibility to express your genuine concerns. He listens attentively and makes suggestions of possible courses of action. He will explain with great patience the different techniques and their possible benefit to you. Although he runs an extremely busy clinic, his consultations are never rushed and you are made to feel the centre of importance. Philip has helped me see the error of my ways and with a sharp eye and intuitive observations, corrected my posture with some great (and practical) tips. He showed me some easy to follow stretches that I now do religiously 3 or 4 times daily and had advised me about improving my nutrition and diet. He even gave me free cultivation kits to make my own kefir yoghurt and kombucha at home, which has made a huge difference for my digestive issues. All in all - YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR - and in Philip's case, this is a real bargain "
Jonathan B Newport, 5 July 2015- on Google
"After intensive radio and chemotherapy for throat cancer my body was in a mess with various aches, pains, stresses and restricted movement. I was having complementary therapy via the NHS - reki and refelxology - but unfortunately this wasn't hitting the spot. After much research I chose City Marshall from the reviews online and boy I'm glad I did. After 4 sessions now I feel so much freer in movement, its easier to relax and much of the tension has gone. In my last session Phillip managed to combine hot stones, aromatherapy, deep tissue massage, hopi candles and shiatsu and I can honestly say I never felt so relaxed and had the best sleep I can remember. I'll be returning on a regular basis and cannot recommend Phillip's intuition, professionalism and services high enough."
"Beyond expectations. After seeing a variety of positive reviews I decided to book a consultation - I had been enduring poor sleep, suffering stress from bereavement and very low energy levels. I'm not sure what my expectations were, but was so pleased to see an improvement after the initial visit. Phillip certainly seems to take an interest in your personal situation and finds a balance in listening to your needs but also guiding you with his obvious expertise. I look forward to each visit as I know it'll not only be a wonderful hour of relaxation but the benefits will last much longer than any massage I've had before. Have already recommended him to a number of friends and family."
Jo Price Swansea 21 October 2013- on TripAdvisor
"I have great pleasure in recommending Philip at City Marshall. He made me most welcome and listened to me whilst I explained my problem. I had been in real pain with a sciatic nerve problem in my right leg and after 3 treatments I am feeling the benefit his wonderful care My real aim is to do a lot of walking in the USA in 3 weeks time and I now believe that this will be possible. Thank you Philip"
Sandra Siddall Cardiff 22 August 2013 - on FreeIndex
"I suffer from constant daily back and hip pain due to osteoarthritis.
And I didnt realise just after the treatment that I was no longer in pain.... This wonderful reprieve lasted approximately 3 weeks. I am so impressed that I have recommended him to family/ friends / work colleagues, and have asked family to not buy presents for Christmas for me, but to able me to attend this exceptional method of pain relief without popping pills."
Teresa Lloyd-Cox Cardiff 9 November 2012 - on FreeIndex
"My daughter booked a massage with Philip for my birthday and he was brilliant! It was very soothing and the oils that he mixed up just for me smelled beautiful. The staff were lovely and the atmosphere very relaxing, despite being in the middle of Cardiff! Philip was very caring and gentle, yet really worked on some of my trouble spots and I felt the benefit of that for a good week after. I'd book to go again - and I'll return the favour to my daughter and book her in for her Christmas present!! Thank you Philip!"
Mair Liddel Cardiff reviewed City Marshall on 12 December 2011 - Yell.com
Some techniques that may be used in Cancer Massage are:
- Soft tissue release & gentle kneading performed oil-free (dry)
- Energy balancing by following your Sen Meridian lines
- Myofascial tissue release, especially around the neck and the shoulders
- Lymphatic drainage massage and Hand ‘Walking’ technique
Cancer massage benefits may include:
- Mental and physical relaxation
- A true sense of restored well-being & balance
- A positive boost of energy and release of stress / tension
- Maximising the supply of nutrients by increased circulation
- Regulates blood pressure and may help in reducing cholesterol levels
Who can benefit from Cancer and radiotherapy or chemotherapy massage treatment?
- Any body of any age regardless of physical condition or fitness
- Stress, tension, anxiety, headaches, migraine and insomnia
- Muscular spasms including stomach or lower body cramps
- Muscular aches and pains: sciatica, knee & back pain etc.
- Recovery from injury and from a training session
- Rheumatism, Arthritis & digestive disorders
- Repetitive Strain Injury & Carpal Tunnel
- Tennis / Golfer’s elbow & Tendinitis
Occupational & postural aches
- Hot & cold Stones Therapy – a wonderfully pampering touch with very significant balancing effects
- Essential oils – an Aromatherapy blend to suit your needs
- Hopi Ear Candling – 30 minutes as a starter fine tuning
- Reiki chakra Balancing – 10 to 30 minutes achieving an even deeper sense of harmony
Aromatherapy products – tailor made soaps, shampoos, creams, gels, facial sprays, after shaves and deodorants – carry the feeling home with you in a jar!
Prices are for reference only, as the Cancer & radiotherapy massage will be tailor made:
- VIP Cancer massage (90 minutes) £ 110
- Premium Cancer massage (60 minutes) £ 80
- Shorter Cancer massage (45 minutes) £ 70
each additional UPGRADE* £ 10
KINDLY NOTE – BEST PREPARATION FOR A CANCER / RADIOTHERAPY MASSAGE:
- CLOTHING: you may remain wearing your own underwear or receive a disposable one
- MEALS: avoid eating a heavy meal within 2 hours of the planned cancer & readiotherapy massage treatment
- DIET: you are respectfully advised to avoid consumption of alcohol, caffeine and nicotine on the day of your cancer and chemotherapy aid massage treatment to allow better toxic by-product elimination
- AFTER CARE: as a cancer massage or reflexology is generally balancing and harmonising, you may return to work or drive home as usual
Kindly note, for those receiving the VIP Hot Stones cancer massage treatments, you may wish to use our kitchen downstairs, and help yourself to a soothing herbal tea, to allow further time to relax prior to returning to work or driving home