IBS treatment Cardiff
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Cardiff
We offer tailor made treatments for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) to accommodate for particular needs.
This special range of massage treatments is suitable for all IBS types, all ages and physical conditions.
Aromatherapy essential oils may be blended to ease the effects of the inflamed irritable bowel. Antispasmodic essential oils may drastically reduce IBS abdominal crap and pain, antimotility essential oils will relieve chronic IBS diarrhoea. A special variety of aromatherapy laxative essential oil blends are very useful in easing the effects of constipation, especially with pre-menstrual & pregnant women with IBS. Various trigger point therapy treatments and myofascial soft tissue massage manipulations may suit the elderly suffering with a lack of appetite, fatigue, bloating, mild nausea or indigestion, associated with IBS.
CNHC Registered and fully recognised by most insurance companies
The CNHC is a government sponsored registration body for complementary healthcare practitioners.
The Department of Health advises all GPs to direct patients seeking Masaage Therapy to seek out only CNHC (the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council) registered therapists.
Shorter versions of IBS massage treatment may be performed without oil, over your (light cotton) clothing.
When performed in this way, this IBS massage routine may be quite deep and invigurating, when needed.
Often, 30 minute reflexology or Shiatsu sessions may be extremely effective for IBS relief.
For longer sessions, this IBS massage treatment may use a highly specialised blend of Aromatherapy essential oils that will be tailor made to suit your personal IBS symptoms (as required).
Irritable bowel syndrome massage treatment also lends itself really well to the inclusion of Hot and Cold Stones therapy, as these basalt, marble and granite stones are highly effective in relaxing abdominal crap, and are very effective when constipated. Hot Stones therapy is also very effective tonic in toning the blood, cleansing the lymphatic drainage system and as a general detoxifying IBS detox agent.
IBS reflexology of shiatsu acupressure is also highly recommended at any time of the year, as this actually promotes a sense of refreshing harmony.
IBS treatment client testimonials:
"Best massage in Cardiff. The massage and Shiatsu capabilities of Philip are superb and his ability to combine sports science techniques with acupuncture, reflexology with soft tissue work - are second to none. This, by no means, is a 'regular' massage. He first deeply scrutinises your health history and gives you a possibility to express your genuine concerns. He listens attentively and makes suggestions of possible courses of action. He will explain with great patience the different techniques and their possible benefit to you. Although he runs an extremely busy clinic, his consultations are never rushed and you are made to feel the centre of importance. Philip has helped me see the error of my ways and with a sharp eye and intuitive observations, corrected my posture with some great (and practical) tips. He showed me some easy to follow stretches that I now do religiously 3 or 4 times daily and had advised me about improving my nutrition and diet. He even gave me free cultivation kits to make my own kefir yoghurt and kombucha at home, which has made a huge difference for my digestive issues. All in all - YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR - and in Philip's case, this is a real bargain "
Jonathan B Newport, 5 July 2015- on Google
With his expert care and professional manner, Philip seamlessly blends sports massage, Shiatsu and other complementary therapies, including dietary advice. His attunement with his clients' needs is second to none and his gentle and intuitive composure makes you feel relaxed and in extremely capable hands. I cannot recommend him highly enough. He has helped me with anxiety, IBS, a trapped nerve and all manner of other discomforts.
Katherine Nicholson, Cardiff 22 December 2014 - on FreeIndex
My wife and I have been visiting City Marshall for some years. Philip Marshall is an outstanding professional with a depth of knowledge and understanding. Very attentive and calm always affording dignity and respect. I have recommended City Marshall to my patients and they have all found the service professional and energising as well as the intervention being relaxing.
Rashpal Singh, Cardiff 21 December 2014 - on FreeIndex
Professional, warm, knowledgable and really helpful. Philip certainly knows his stuff and helped me with constant problems with my digestion and low immune system. Very generous with his time, advice, offers and flexible in appointments. I've moved away now and already missing the sessions.
Definitely recommend a visit. Not cheap but worth the money.
Mel Hillyard London 29 December 2013- on FreeIndex
I was pleasantly surprised to find that Philip incorporated the use essential oils into his treatment. He made a fantastic blend of oils for me when he discovered that I suffer with IBS and erratic sleep patterns and he even made me a bottle of lotion to take home. He was extremely accommodating; being mindful of what kind of pressure I preferred and which areas I wanted to concentrate more on [...] my IBS was less erratic. I will be returning to Philip for Shiatsu and have recommended him to friends and family. He is extremely thorough, knowledgeable and accommodating. He creates a relaxed atmosphere and is keen to work with you to create a valuable and worthwhile experience. Many thanks!!!
Some techniques that may be used in IBS massage are:
- Soft tissue release & gentle IBS abdominal kneading performed oil-free (dry)
- Energy balancing by following your abdominal IBS related Sen Meridian lines
- Myofascial tissue release, especially abdoman, lower back and lumber
Lymphatic drainage detox massage and Hand ‘Walking’ technique
IBS massage benefits may include:
- Mental and physical relaxation
- Better and more regular bowel motion
- Relief from abdominal cramp and bloating
- A true sense of restored well-being & balance
- A positive boost of energy and release of stress / tension
- Maximising the supply of nutrients by increased circulation
- Regulates blood pressure and may help in reducing cholesterol levels
Who can benefit from IBS massage treatment?
- Any body of any age regardless of physical condition or specific IBS symptoms
- Stress, tension, anxiety, headaches, migraine and insomnia
- Muscular spasms including stomach, abdominal or lower body cramps
- Muscular aches and pains: pre-menstrual cramp and pain etc.
- Other digestive disorders
- Hot & cold Stones Therapy – a wonderfully pampering touch with very significant balancing effects
- Essential oils – an Aromatherapy blend to suit your needs
- Hopi Ear Candling – 30 minutes as a starter fine tuning
- Reiki chakra Balancing – 10 to 30 minutes achieving an even deeper sense of harmony
Aromatherapy products – tailor made soaps, shampoos, creams, gels, facial sprays, after shaves and deodorants – carry the feeling home with you in a jar!
Prices are for reference only, as the IBS massage treatment will be tailor made:
- Superior IBS treatment (with Hot stones) (90 minutes) £ 120
- Premium IBS massage or Shiatsu treatment (60 minutes) £ 80
- Shorter IBS reflexology or Shiatsu massage (45 minutes) £ 70
each additional UPGRADE* £ 10
KINDLY NOTE – BEST PREPARATION FOR A IBS MASSAGE:
- CLOTHING: you may remain wearing your own underwear or receive a disposable one
- MEALS: avoid eating a heavy meal within 2 hours of the planned treatment
- DIET: you are respectfully advised to avoid consumption of alcohol, caffeine and nicotine on the day of your treatment to allow better toxic by-product elimination
- AFTER CARE: as a IBS massage treatment is generally balancing and harmonising, you may return to work or drive home as usual
- Kindly note, for those receiving the Superior Hot Stones IBS massage treatment, you are strongly advised to use our kitchen downstairs, and help yourself to a soothing herbal tea, to allow further time to relax prior to returning to work or driving home