Achilles Tendonitis Cardiff
Massage & Reflexology for Heel Pain
We offer tailor made massage treatments for Achilles Tendonitis to accommodate for particular needs.
This special range of sports massage biomechanical therapy, in combination with reflexology and acupressure trigger point therapy is suitable for people of all ages and physical conditions with acute or chronic Achilles tendonitis - pain in the heel area and an inflammation of the Achilles tendon. Current research to suggests that deep tissue massage and trigger point therapy is very beneficial for heel pain and achilles tendonitis.
Your treatment will start from an original assessment of the biomechanics of your heel and any possible excess pronation or supination of your foot, which may lead to an inflammation of your Achilles tendon.
Aromatherapy essential oils may be blended to suit your particular needs, to tailor make a pain relief and an anti inflammatory oil blend. Trigger point therapy treatments and myofascial soft tissue manipulations suit acute heel pain conditions, a lack of biomechanical mobility or reduced range of motion.
Achilles tendonitis may also bring about cramp in the lower body, calf tension and sciatic pain.
You may wish to contrast and compare Achilles tendonitis with stress fractures - known as shin splints.
CNHC Registered and fully recognised by most insurance companies
The CNHC is a government sponsored registration body for complementary healthcare practitioners.
The Department of Health advises all GPs to direct patients seeking Masaage Therapy or Reflexology
to seek out only CNHC (the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council) registered therapists.
Short versions of Achilles Tendonitis massage treatment may be performed without oil, over your clothing.
When performed in this way, this massage routine may be quite deep and invigurating, when needed.
For longer sessions, this Achilles Tendonitis heel pain relief treatment uses a highly specialised blend of Aromatherapy essential oils that will be tailor made to suit your personal needs (anti inflammatory and/or heel pain relief, as required).
Achilles Tendonitis treatment also lends itself really well to the inclusion of Hot and Cold Stones therapy, as these basalt, marble and granite stones are highly effective in relaxing sore muscles, especially with acute sports injuries and muscle soreness or Achilles tendon strain.
Achilles Tendonitis treatment is recommended at any time of the year, as this actually promotes a sense of refreshing harmony.
Achilles Tendonitis treatment client testimonials:
At 68 I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and put on a waiting list for replacement knees. After seeing Philip Marshal for three sessions, I have changed my work-out routine as well as my diet and have never felt better since my 40s!
In fact, winter used to always be a real 'downer' for me, but over the last two months my energy levels have been fantastic. Despite persistent offers of an early pension, I have decided to carry on my regular work and have not taken any pain killers or other medication for weeks. I feel very fortunate to have such an accomplished practitioner so near to me, and have already recommended four of my friends to Marshal, with great results. Thanking you kindly!"
"A Master of his craft at work. Arrived at City Marshall for the first time on Thursday 16th July 2015 have been suffering since Feb 2015 with a ruptured achilies, my rehab was being severely impeded by fluid retention leading to excessive swelling. Following only one session with Phil Marshall the swelling was reduced by 95%, now 10 days later following a further 4 sessions with Phil, the fluid swelling hasn't returned, I'm confident it wont. As a result of all this my rehab has taken significant steps forward, I couldn't be more pleased. Coupled this with Phil offers a constant flow of simple advise on lifestyle improvements and dietary changes, for me the experience has been so worthwhile. I would recommend Phil's services to anyone with ailments or maybe someone who simply needs revitalising."
Charles D, Cardiff 26 July 2015- on TripAdvisor
"I would highly recommend Philip based on my excellent experience. I'm particularly impressed by how much information he gathers in order to really tailor the treatment to the individual. Most massage places I've been have felt quite generic and rushed where here is someone who offers a wealth of knowledge and obviously likes seeing positive results in his clients. Every massage/session has been very relaxing, informative and I've come away with obvious benefits. Excellent treatments."
Oliver Mc, Cardiff 30 October 2014 - on FreeIndex
"For ten years I was not able to reach my ankles, bend my knees without pain or clip my toe nails. I thought I never would. The NHS said its age! After 3 sport massage sessions I am pain-free, very loose and I can clip my toe nails with ease. I feel amazing and I know that in 2 or 3 more sessions I will feel even better. Thank you so much"
Aled Jenkins Pontypridd 23 January 2014
"Currently being treated for a lower calf injury, possible running injury, and after 3 sessions can feel a real positive difference in the area. Phillip is very informative, friendly and knowledgeable and has highlighted and treated other areas of concern that have aided my recovery. Highly recommended."
Gareth Evans Newport 25 November 2013- on FreeIndex
"Great massage in relaxing environment. I went to Philip with achilles tendon problem, but have since had had a series of sessions working on chronic muscle tension. Very effective."
Tim H Newport 1 September 2013 - on TripAdvisor
"Philip provides an excellent service. He has a great deal of knowledge about the body and identified issues with my feet relating to an injury more than 20 years ago, which I had long forgotten. Phillp's massage really helps deal with the tension that develops at various points in my body. He combines different techniques in the treatment and his inituitive approach seems to help him provide what treatment I need. I have seen him several times over the last few months and continue to do so every few weeks."
Cecil Newport 8 May 2013
"Shiatsu and Reflexology. It is obvious that Marshall has taken a lot of time and expense in mastering his many massage skills. This is not a pamper massage... Go there and be prepared to learn and be open minded. The Shiatsu is certainly highly therapeutic and if you are relaxed enough to have a massage without oil - this is surely what you should look into. Marshall's Reflexology technique is very clinical - not quite the foot massage that one expects - but extremely beneficial. I am hooked and have recommended it to all my mates at work."
Chloe Jones Cardiff on 11 August 2012
"I recently had Shiatsu massage and Thai Foot massage at City Marshall. The treatment was very relaxing. Philip Marshall certainly knows his stuff! I paid for a hour and a half treatment, and unlike some therapists who shave minutes off, Philip gave me a full hour and a half treatment, offering advice on related topics. The treatment room is very comfortable and Philip is extremely professional. My aches and pains have eased and I have booked another treatment. I would recommmend Philip to anyone. I have seen many therapists over the years and Philip is certainly one of the best."
Rebekah Humphries Risca on 8 May 2012
"My wife and I have received several Shiatsu treatments as well as foot reflexology from Philip. His service is excellent, his expertise and genuine care is second to none. Really appreciate his after care advice."
Ronald S Cardiff on 10 December 2011 - Touchcardiff.com
Samantha Mock Cardiff on 6 October 2011 - FaceBook
Some techniques that may be used in Achilles Tendonitis Sports Massage are:
- Soft tissue release & gentle kneading performed oil-free (dry)
- Energy balancing by following your Sen Meridian lines
- Myofascial tissue release, especially around the ankle and achiles tendon
- Reflexology and Shiatsu acupressure trigger point therapy
Achilles Tendonitis massage benefits may include:
- Mental and physical relaxation
- A true sense of restored well-being & balance
- A positive boost of energy and release of stress / tension
- Maximising the supply of nutrients by increased circulation
- Regulates blood pressure and may help in reducing inflamation levels
- Pain relief and better range of motion and mobility
Who can benefit from Achilles Tendonitis and Heel Pain massage?
- Any body of any age regardless of physical condition or fitness
- Possible biomechanical failiure issues - Pronation or Supination of the foot
- Recovery from injury and from a training session
- Rheumatism, Arthritis & digestive disorders
- Repetitive Strain Injury & Foot Carpal Tunnel
- Arch Pain & Tendinitis
- Muscular aches and pains: sciatica, knee & heel pain etc.
- Stress, tension, anxiety, headaches, migraine and insomnia
- Muscular spasms including calf or lower body cramps
Occupational & postural aches
- Hot & cold Stones Therapy – a wonderfully pampering touch with very significant balancing effects
- Essential oils – an Aromatherapy blend to suit your needs
- Hopi Ear Candling – 30 minutes as a starter fine tuning
- Reiki chakra Balancing – 10 to 30 minutes achieving an even deeper sense of harmony
Aromatherapy products – tailor made soaps, shampoos, creams, gels, facial sprays, after shaves and deodorants – carry the feeling home with you in a jar!
Prices are for reference only, as the Achilles Tendonitis & Heel Pain treatment will be tailor made:
- VIP Achilles Tendonitis massage (90 minutes) £ 110
- Premium Achilles Tendonitis massage (60 minutes) £ 80
- Shorter Achilles Tendonitis massage (45 minutes) £ 70
each additional Achilles Tendonitis UPGRADE* £ 10
KINDLY NOTE – BEST PREPARATION FOR A Achilles Tendonitis treatment:
- CLOTHING: you may remain wearing your own underwear or receive a disposable one
- MEALS: avoid eating a heavy meal within 2 hours of the planned Achilles Tendonitis treatment
- DIET: you are respectfully advised to avoid consumption of alcohol, caffeine and nicotine on the day of your Achilles tendonitis treatment to allow better toxic by-product elimination
- AFTER CARE: as a Achilles tendonitis sports massage is generally balancing and harmonising, you may return to work or drive home as usual
- Kindly note, for those receiving the VIP Hot Stones Achilles tendonitis sports massage treatments, you may wish to use our kitchen downstairs, and help yourself to a soothing herbal tea, to allow further time to relax prior to returning to work or driving home